Thursday, February 5, 2009

JOKER FOR CHARITY

I'm a little slow on posting this, but at Wizard World Texas in november of last year they had a live art event for charity. This Joker drawing is the piece i did for it. The drawing is about two and a half, by three and a half feet, and it's done in ink and poster paint. My buddy Phil Hester also did a sweet drawing of Darkseid at the same event. The two standout drawings were a badass Joker by Lee Bermejo, and a beautiful Captain America by Marko Djurdjevic.
I got started late and was the last guy drawing. If only I could have had about twenty more minutes....oh well, maybe next time.

5 comments:

Jake Ekiss said...

Heya Andy! I worked on a painting a that same show and watched you work on this one. I think it turned out really excellent. Particularly that streak of red at the top really pulled it together.

You by chance coming out to any of the other Dallas shows this year? I know they canned Wizard but I seem to recall you dropped by Cape last year yeah?

ANDY KUHN said...

jake,
thanks for the kind words about the piece.
i was at CAPE last year and had a great time. i'd love to do it again this year, if they'll have me.

Craig Zablo said...

Nice one.

I always dig the charity auctions.

Brian Jones said...

Now thats a Joker! Really nice..

Jake Ekiss said...

Groovy man, well if you do turn out I'll drop by and say hi.