Sunday, March 15, 2009

THE BURNING EYE










A while ago i did a 24HOUR COMIC. The 24HC is an idea started by Scott McCloud and Steve Bissette. To participate you have to write and draw an entire 24 page comic, in 24 hours. To learn more about the concept go HERE
Instead of doing mine in one day, I took the first hour of my workday for 24 days strait and drew a page. I started with no real idea in mind, just a conversation between a father and son. By the time I got to page six or so I had gotten a ton of ideas.  I soon realized that this was going to be a 200+ page story. My story is called THE BURNING EYE and it turned out to be a thriller set partly in WWII and partly in the present day. 
 What I have now is the first sequence in a yet to be completed, 200 page, 24 HOUR COMIC.
At some point i will finish this, and publish it. Till then, here's a few pages from the first 24.

8 comments:

Donal DeLay said...

Duuuuuuuuude, that is sick. You. Must. Finish. This!

Don't make me get the BenBo to pester you about it!

ANDY KUHN said...

thanks for the kind words donal.
i am definitely going to finish this
story at some point.
hopefully sooner than later! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stuff as always, Andy. Love it. Can't wait to buy the finished article from you.

mattcrap said...

i dig the single scene that's paneled out into three, that's good biz.

Ryan Cody said...

Excellent stuff Andy, I did the 24 hours comics day here last year and had a blast.

Craig Zablo said...

Wow. Totally sucked me in. More please, sir!

krazybov said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
krazybov said...

Hi Andy.
Great work, can't wait to see more.

Would you be interested in having the first three pages printed in an anthology? Issue seven will only contain spy stories and those three pages would fit perfectly.

Have a peep at www.krazybov.com for more info. I look forward to hearing from you.